Thursday, August 5, 2010

Provision

I told my mom the other day that all of the formula we've been given for Eva is like manna from heaven. However, I was almost out. But I told her I wasn't going to buy more until I was totally out. When the Israelites tried to save manna for more than a day, it went bad. God provides right now, in THIS moment, and he wants us to rely on Him for the right now, and not worry about tomorrow. So it was just on my heart that I wasn't going to buy more formula until Eva literally had no more to eat. Within 2 days of telling my mom this, look at the provision!

This was all free in the past few days.

There has been SO much formula given to me. Since I had to stop breastfeeding, I have only had to buy 1 or 2 tubs of formula...probably what I would have bought anyway, even if I was still breastfeeding, to use for convenience. I am blown away by God's provision, and by the generosity of those who have given me their formula samples or just bought formula for Eva. We are so blessed and so grateful.

I've been having some pain lately. It's in my abdomen on the left side, and has been keeping me from sleeping. I asked God for relief on my birthday, and He gave it to me. I slept all night with no pain medication at all. The pain is back somewhat today, and I asked the doctor about it. His theory is that the chemo is causing inflammation in my bowels, and that is causing the pain. I pray against the pain, the root of the pain, and any other chemo side effects from today's treatment. I don't want to put up with this physical torment anymore, so I just pray against it, and pray that God's healing power will be upon me.

Thanks for all your prayers and support!!!

2 comments:

  1. Praying and praising with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel! Ugh...I still have 2 canisters of formula for you that have been sitting on our kitchen table begging to be sent :( SO sorry that I haven't done that yet. Would you mind messaging me your new address? Congrats on the new house too! Eva is so cute ...we really need to see about getting our 2 kiddos to meet someday :)
    -Sabrina

    ReplyDelete