Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Blessings

I am so blessed. There is so much to be thankful for. Last night I was on the floor playing with Eva and I looked up at Matt and said, "It doesn't get any better than this, does it?" He said, "Yeah it does. You could not have cancer." I just shrugged. Don't get me wrong...I hate cancer, I REALLY hate it. But it cannot defeat me. My God has overcome the world, and He lives within me. What do I have to be afraid of?

Yesterday was a big day for Eva. She turned 15 weeks old, and she figured out how to roll over from back to stomach. She does it constantly now, and then gets mad that she's on her stomach. She also slept in her own room for the very first time and did pretty well. Such a big girl! :)

I'm heading to Madison today to see my former boss and dear friend Jacque. God has healed her physically, and I am excited to hear her story in its entirety and to receive prayer from her and her friends.

Oh, guess what I did yesterday? I was backing out of the garage and I misjudged how much space I had and I completely destroyed the driver's side mirror on the car. D'oh! My friend Taylor Last is going to fix it for me once I go to Milwaukee to get the part. Hopefully I can do that tomorrow. I really shouldn't drive. This is not the first time something like this has happened...

Tomorrow is my initial consult with my oncologist (Dr. Johnson) at Waukesha Memorial. It's at 2:45. From there I'll get my chemo plan. I'll keep you all posted.

3 comments:

  1. thoughts and prayers are with you. mld

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear it wasn't me that taught her to roll! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you sweetheart! Can't wait to spend the next couple days with you as we continue our adventure.

    ReplyDelete