Friday, May 28, 2010

Sunny Days

It has been so beautiful outside! That makes me happy. :)

Thank you to everyone who has signed up on the Lotsa Helping Hands website. There seemed to be a little confusion about next steps, so I apologize. I should have clarified...by signing up, you're just putting your name on a list of volunteers. Eventually (soon?) I'll get my calendar up there and you'll have the opportunity to choose to help with certain tasks on certain days. I just haven't gotten that far yet.

A quick Eva update. I'm pretty sure she's teething. She gnaws on everything! And she started giggling. Oh, the joys!!! Have I mentioned that I love her?

Last night I had an MRI and then Matt and I went out to dinner. His parents stayed with Eva so we could have a date night. We went to Qdoba. :) So romantic, I know. But we were both exhausted, and just wanted something quick. Still it was such a treat to spend a few minutes with him and talk about things. We rarely get a chance to do that.

Today I had a doctor appointment. No real news on that front. Blood counts are pretty good, but platelets are a little low. My MRI results aren't back yet from the radiologist, but my oncologist looked at the pictures and said he doesn't see anything abnormal, so I guess that's good. I'm not entirely sure why they've waited this long to do an MRI.

I'm having some rather unpleasant effects from the chemo relating to my stomach. No details necessary, but it's seriously not fun. Ugh.

Oh, a few people have asked if I'll lose my hair. The doctors aren't sure.

I think I've forgotten to mention that a friend (Erin) is pumping extra breast milk and giving it to me for Eva. Isn't that amazing? I am just so touched by that. And then yesterday, my friend Taylor fixed the side mirror on the car. (Thank you SO much, Taylor!) We were just hanging out afterward while I fed Eva, and somehow got on the topic of breast milk vs. formula. (He has a 2 month old daughter). Turns out, his girlfriend Alisha had a freezer full of breast milk she had pumped and wasn't going to use. She was either going to donate it or throw it away, so she gave it to me!!! Erin, Taylor and Alisha, you are my angels.

Well, I think that's all for now. Today is day 7 without back pain! Thank you Jesus!!

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering if you had any breastmilk banks in your area! SO glad people are helping out with that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rachel,

    Thanks for keeping us all posted. I would love to chat with you for real on the phone. Will you be around tomorrow (Sunday)? I love you and I think about you all the time and my students ask me "How is Rachel?" You are loved more than you will ever know.

    Gina <><

    ReplyDelete